Rainbow Cowboy Hats by Gray Malin
ABOUT THE SERIES: Marfa, Texas is known for the ‘New York chic’ meets ‘cowboy cool’ art scene that has been noted globally. In 2005, the artists Elmgreen and Dragset came to Marfa to create their hyper-commercialism vision, a free standing Prada store in the middle of nowhere. The “artscape” with minimal materials was built, then the door was sealed shut. Upon Gray’s first visit, he snapped a few photos of the illusive Prada Store, yet knew he would return. Though the purpose of the store can be argued, he interprets it as an attempt to challenge the viewer to think outside the box and should incite all of us to continue to question art.
From the artist: Enjoy the colorful array of Rainbow Cowboy Hats I playfully tossed in front of the iconic exhibit by artists Elmgreen and Dragset for Gray’s popular Prada Marfa series, shot on location in Texas.
- Print signed by the artist and printed on premium archival luster paper.
- Small — Image Size: 11.5" x 17"; Paper Size: 13" x 19", Framed Size: 15.5" x 21.5"
- Medium — Image Size: 24" x 36"; Paper Size: 32" x 44", Framed Size: 29.5" x 41.5", (Limited Edition of 150)
- Large — Image Size: 36" x 54"; Paper Size: 44" x 62", Framed Size: 43" x 61"(Limited Edition of 50)
Offered custom framed with your choice of matte white finish, matte black finish, or natural maple.
- Frame info : Premium hardwood frame moulding in matte white, matte black, and natural maple
- UV-blocking acrylic glass, which protects against 91% of UV rays
- Heat-activated foam board backing
- Saw-tooth hanger & nail (Small size), 1 pair of D-rings & nail (Medium size)
- Pre-attached Wallbuddies & pair of nails (Large size)
- This piece is framed to order, and will ship in approximately two weeks